Everyone loves a good dessert, but many shy away from making them at home. But trust me, with the right recipe, even the most beginner baker can create a dessert that will have guests asking for seconds. This guide is going to introduce you to the best 6 dessert recipes that will impress any guest.
1. Chocolate lava cake
This classic is not only delicious but also visually stunning. The oozing chocolate can wow anyone. Here's a simplified version of the recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Melt 100 grams of dark chocolate and 100 grams of butter in a microwave or on a stovetop.
- Mix in 3 eggs, 50 grams of sugar, and 35 grams of flour.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins and bake for 14 minutes.
2. Lemon blueberry cheesecake bars
These cheesecake bars are a perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors. They're quick to make and can be cut into small pieces for a crowd.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, mix together crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and a bit of sugar. Press this into the bottom of the prepared tin.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese until smooth then add sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the filling over the crust and drop spoonfuls of blueberry preserves on top. Use a knife to swirl the preserves into the filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center is set.
This light, airy dessert is perfect for those who don't like overly sweet desserts. The crispy meringue paired with fresh fruit is a delight to the senses.
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gradually add in sugar while continuing to beat. Mix in vanilla extract and vinegar.
- Spread the meringue onto a lined baking sheet in a circle shape, making a well in the center.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the meringue is crispy and slightly golden.
4. Salted caramel brownies
These brownies are a step up from the classic version with the addition of a gooey salted caramel layer.
5. Raspberry panna cotta
This elegant dessert is surprisingly simple to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making it a great choice for dinner parties.
6. Apple pie
A classic that never goes out of style. With a flaky crust and a sweet, tangy filling, apple pie is sure to be a hit.
As you can see, with a bit of planning and effort, you can wow your guests with these delicious dessert recipes.